Thursday 13 February 2014

One lesson I learnt so far ( Ng Li Xin, 14)

After many CID lessons, I had benefited a lot from it, in terms of knowledge and skills. In one of the lessons, the teacher got us prepared for the oral presentation by giving us the set of notes to rehearse for an effective presentation.

Inside the set of notes, we were guided through it and were told that slides have to be kept the minimum words possible. I was utterly surprised as I had always thought we must put all our ideas on the slides, and it made sense to me after hearing that this will not let the audience focus on my speech, but on the slides instead. As a creative person, the contrast of colour between the words ans the background of the slideshow had always been the last thing I thought of. Now, it is no longer the case for me, as I realised that the teacher's words were true; no presentation will be effective if the slides doesn't serves its purpose of showing the main ideas if words cannot be seen. One thing that i had always neglected was the cropping of photos. Indeed, all these small yet important details are to be taken care of, and I learnt a lot from that lesson.

Importance of contrast!



 In CID lessons, I am introduced to new kinds of skills, something not taught in the past but is needed for everyone. CID is not any normal lessons like you have before, as it inculcates skills and mindsets that we should have as we mature. We are introduced to problems of the society like the poverty in Singapore, and unison like the one demonstrated in Chingay Parade. Apart from that, we are learning ways to present our ideas too, through many platforms like this blog, sharing with classmates and many more. Most importantly, they are life skills. As someone living in this first world society, we must have an eye for details to many actions. We must also build up our confidence for sharing ideas with others, and learn how to dissect social matters so that we can keep abreast with the things happening around us.

Chingay Parade where it serves as a platform to show us the unison we have in Singaporeans through this year's theme:  Colours of fabric, one people





What do you think about my opinion? Comment below and thumbs up if your agree with me!

No comments: